We at Book@ are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as a browser to our website.
When you click on our webpage you agree to be bound by this policy as updated from time to time. So please read this document first and take a print out of the same for future purposes.
This policy will tell you about:
- Who we are
- What data we collect
- What we do with this data
- Where we store this data
- How long we store your data for
- Steps taken to keep data safe
- Third Party Links
- Our right to amend our policy
1. Who we are:
Book@ is an online bookstore that ensures ease of buying to online users. The book@ store has a wide ranging collection of books of established as well as budding writers suited for the Indian markets.
2. The information we collect about you:
When you use our website, we may collect and process different types of information about you like name, address, telephone, email address and any other information you submit when you create a profile and sign up to our Services.
We automatically identify your location according to the IP address assigned to your computer machine or mobile device by your Internet Service Provider, and mobile location data.
3. How we use your information
The data we collect from you is used for the following core purposes:
- To administer your browsing activity with us (including notifying you of any announcements, updates, special offers or services, should you consent to this)
- To help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Services
- To allow you to participate in any future interactive features of the Services (including the features that require the mobile phone number)
- To help personalise your repeat visits and usage of the Services
- To provide you with information on products or services or news and offers that you request from us (see below under ‘Marketing’ for more information)
- To notify you about changes to our service or the functionality of the Site
- To carry out market analysis and research
- To ensure that you are complying with the terms and conditions of use and to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations
We may be required by law e.g. through potential or actual litigation, court order, public or governmental authorities, or rules and regulations within or out with your country of residence to disclose all or part of your information to third parties. We may also deem it necessary to make such a disclosure in the event of an issue of national security, law enforcement or other such similar situations as we deem necessary including, for example, allegations of alleged infringement of copyright, trademarks or other third parties’ rights by users. We share your personal information with our partner service providers in order to provide their Services to you including those parties who assist us with information processing, credit and payment processing, fulfillment of your subscription order, managing and hosting data, conducting consumer research etc. These disclosures relate to providing our Services, improving our Services and delivering targeted advertising to you. We do not provide your contact details to third parties for direct marketing by them to you.
If you have consented to receive marketing communications from third parties, your data may be passed on to such third parties as we enter into data sharing agreements with, from time to time, for marketing purposes. We cannot be held liable for the content of the third party’s communications or products/services they are promoting. If you have provided this consent, but change your mind, you can opt-out at any time (see below). Please be advised that you will also require to contact the individual third parties who have been marketing to you if you wish to stop receiving their communications directly.
4.Where we store your data
5. How long we keep your data for
We only store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and Services to you and others, with information typically being held until you cancel your membership.
6. Keeping your data secure
Any transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Links to other third party websites
The Book@ website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our third party networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. Our rights to amend this policy